Some of the things we talked about:
- Doing what you love and dedicating time to your side-hustle while you have a full-time job
- How Helena never considered her WellFest idea would fail and how that belief helped her push forward the idea and contact big-name speakers
- Struggling to sell your event concept to speakers and customers in Year 1 with no track record
- Asking for and dealing with feedback – both positive and negative and how this shapes future events.
- Giving your audience ownership and creating a ‘cult following’ for your events by creating a community
- Getting more creative about marketing your events and remember that if you think you’re advertising it enough, you probably aren’t!
- Asking for what you want (with a segue into going back to work after you’ve had a baby.)
Find out more about Helena Ryan and WellFest:
Helena Ryan at William Fry Real Estate Department
Follow WellFest on Instagram