Some of the things we talked about when it comes to building a professional referral network for your wellness business:
- How local business and communities are often overlooked, in place of the lure of worldwide exposure on social media. If we don’t need billions of customers, why don’t we look a bit closer to home?
- How valuable and trustworthy referrals are, above and beyond other types of enquiries and how they can form a valuable chunk of business if done well, leaving you with more time to do the things you enjoy and are good at
- The mindsets that might hold you back from creating a referral network of your own – feeling that you’re being annoying by asking for potential collaborations and partnerships (remember they’re beneficial for both parties!)
- How to start building your own referral network, in a way that feels good and not pushy or needy. Remembering to pay attention to your potential prospect before you approach them: attend their events, read their content and engage with them in advance to know you really do understand and align with them.
- The importance of always asking people how they found out about you, so you can see where your enquiries and bookings are coming from i.e. what marketing is working for you
Find out more about Kate Matheson:
Kate Matheson’s website
Kate Matheson on Instagram