Today I’m talking to Lea Tierney, our resident copywriting expert inside the Just Start Now community.
Lea and I talk about the power of great copy, what stops wellness business owners writing brilliantly to attract customers (hello fixed mindsets!) and Lea shares 3 tips to master compelling copy that converts.
Some of the things we talked about when it comes to writing great copy for business:
- Lea’s 3 Cs explanation of the power of great copy: chemistry, credibility and confidence.
- The biggest problem Lea sees people have when it comes to putting what they do into words: overcomplicating things!
- How copywriting – which might sound scary and complicated – is actually all about story telling and having conversations, just the same as selling.
- How a professional copywriter can help you and when to hire one
- Lea’s three tips for writing better copy for your business:
- Practice talking to your ideal client and write content as if you were speaking directly to them
- Your copy isn’t about you – centring your writing on the reader and describing instead why you’re the perfect person to help them
- Focus on the transformation and outcome you help your customers achieve
Find out more about Lea Tierney:
Lea Tierney’s website
Lea Tierney on LinkedIn