Some of the things we talked about:
- Starting a blog with no idea where it would lead. Finding an entrepreneurial path in wellness by just starting and taking one step at a time.
- Having a ‘big idea’ vs. a trial and error method. Do we need to know where we’ll end up?
- Everyone is a beginner at some point. Being kind to yourself and remembering that even successful entrepreneurs were once beginners.
- Whether you need a business plan when you’re starting out
- Reframing ‘mistakes’ as things that we could do differently or things we could have learned quicker with better support
- How we are our own biggest barriers to success – the stories we tell ourselves that get in the way of growing a business
- Wanting to make money and be financially successful and how to change our mindset around money without feel too ‘woo woo’
- Investing in yourself and how important it is to shift you forward – even at an uncomfortable level
- Swallowing your pride and working with a coach to teach you what you want to know, rather than trying to work it out yourself and taking longer than it needs
- What is ‘enough’ in your wellness business. Shaping your own work life and balance.
Some of the resources we mentioned:
Book: Rob Bell How To Be Here
Website: Way Back Machine (to see what your idol websites used to look like when they began!)
Book: Jen Sincero You Are A Badass At Making Money
If you want to find out more about Lauren Armes and the work she does:
Head to Lauren’s website
Follow Lauren on Instagram
Discover more about Well To Do