Some of the things we talked about when it comes to launching physical products:
- Fear of judgement when you’re just starting out – not knowing what a blog and social media account would become and not wanting to be seen by friends and family. But realising it was easier once everyone knew!
- Running a lean, flexible business that suits your lifestyle. Do you need an office or can you work from home? Productivity and working when it suits you, rather than a fixed 9-5 with allocated holiday.
- Building a brand and having values, a tone and an ethos that runs through everything you create – content or products. And also identifying what your brand is not.
- Finding your confidence in your own brand voice and not getting distracted by what other people are doing.
- The advantage of being known for one thing and becoming an expert at your specific area.
- Working with people that respect you and support you, rather than undermining you. Trusting your gut when it comes to bringing new people on-board.
- Tapping into networks so you don’t feel alone. The ladies recommend She Can She Did.
- Being open to feedback and doing market research – you can’t hide from what people think! Address concerns and issues to grow your product or service.
Find out more about Squirrel Sisters:
Squirrel Sister’s website
Squirrel Sister’s on Instagram
Squirrel Sister’s on Facebook