I’m excited to bring you the next episode of the Just Start Now Book Club podcast season.
Each episode in this series will be focusing on a chapter in my new book, Just Start Now – Unlock your entrepreneur mindset to grow your wellness business.
To get the most from the season, buy your copy now and read along with us!
Trigger warning: We discuss racism, body size discrimination and gender identity in this conversation, and some strong language was used in this episode in case you may find this offensive or if little ears are around while you listen.
In today’s episode, I’m joined by two guests – Samantha Carbon, psychotherapist, coach and primary tutor, and Lucy Rowett, certified sex coach and sexologist – to discuss the larger societal things at play that may stop you from just starting now.
Some of the things we talked about when it comes to just starting now:
- What you need to be aware of beyond your own mindset that may be holding you back from starting your business or taking action
- Having courage and compassion to engage and interact with uncomfortable conversations, particularly with marginalised groups and the fear of ‘getting it wrong’
- Body size discrimination and diet culture within the wellness space
- The importance of feeling safe being visible online and in business
- What’s missing in the mainstream business conversation and the understanding that all our minds and bodies work differently
- How your business model should reflect what truly works for you, your mind and your body
- The ‘resilient edge of resistance’ and finding your own window of tolerance
- How doing the inner work can help you to develop a more inclusive business
Resources based on this episode:
Samantha Carbon’s RACE Programme
Becoming Anti-Racist with Nova Reid
How to make your wellness business more inclusive – listen to my conversation with Sarah Taylor
Find out more about Samantha Carbon:
Samantha Carbon’s website
Samantha Carbon on LinkedIn
Samantha Carbon on Instagram
Find out more about Lucy Rowett:
Lucy Rowett’s website
Lucy Rowett on Instagram
Lucy Rowett on Facebook
And don’t forget:
Read the book? Make sure to leave a review on Amazon now (do it here)!
If you do this while this podcast season is airing (May-June 2022), you’ll be in the running to win a free Power Hour with Vicky every week as she picks a review at random and shares the winner right here in the show notes.
Here’s this week’s winner:
If this is your review, write to email@example.com to claim your free Power Hour.
Just Start Now the book is here!
Unlock your entrepreneur mindset and grow your wellness business.
Or order in-store at your local independent.